- Meet with our trekking guide in Kandy. You will be then transferred from Kandy 22 kms on Mahinyangana road and then another 18 kms inland by a van where you will be starting the trek through home spice gardens, vegetable fields, rice fields, tea plantation, pigmy forests and plateaus. The trek is approximately about 8 kms one way and its 16 kms in total. At the end of the trail you would be able to swim at a base of a nice waterfall. You are expected to encounter with species such as Deer, Barking deer, Deer monkey and various types of Lizards. In this trek you will be climbing from 1200 ft to 1850 ft. On the way back you will be able to do some bird watching.
- In the night you will be staying in a mobile tented camp in the Knuckles mountain range above 1200 ft from the sea level. All meals for the day will be provided.
- After breakfast you will be trekking through tea plantation, pine forest, a typical Kandyan village and rice fields. This is a circular trek which is approximately about 18 kms. Village culture and bird watching are some of the highlights of this trip. At this end of this trek you will be transferred to Veddha Village to camp overnight which is 3 hours drive. Enjoy the campout with Veddhas with a Bon fire followed by dinner.
- After breakfast at the Veddha camp experience Veddha’s way of life. Witness Veddha dance, demonstration of traditional hunting methods and Baby cradling. Then drive about 1 ½ hours to do a 4 kms trek to a waterfall. After a swim in the waterfall enjoy a village lunch and then be transferred to kandy by 6 pm.
- Dinner and overnight stay in a guest house in Kandy
- Breakfast at the guest house
- Transfer to Railway station to get on board the train to Haputale at 8.47 AM and our driver will receive you at Haputale railway station and transfer you to a guest house in Haputale
- Dinner and overnight stay in Haputale in a Guest House
- Breakfast at the guest house
- Our trekking guide will receive you in Haputale to start trekking through Thangamalai rain forest patch in Haputale which leads to Ella – Kandy railway track. Track parallel to the rail road and tunnels and walk through the forests of Idalgasinna village. Enjoy a picnic lunch in a nice mountain peak overlooking tea estates. Then continue the trek to Ohiya passing remote tea estates for dinner and overnight stay in a simple estate guest house.
- Start trekking through remote tea estates of Ohiya and meet with local villagers who lives in tea estates. Then walk through number of hair in bends known as “Devil’s stair case” where you enter a forest patch passing Devil’s stair case. Trek through the forest and enter the Horton Plains National Park where you could trek through the misty plains of Horton plains and walk up to World’s end point and Baker’s waterfall before returning back to Horton Plains park entrance where you will be served a picnic lunch before being transferred to Ohiya estate house for dinner and overnight stay.
- This is our last day of the trip. After a warm cup of tea enjoy a hearty breakfast prepared by the enthusiastic cook. We will then say good bye to our home stay and proceed towards the mountain cliff to get the best view of the valley below and through a remote tea estate where again you would be able to interact with villagers and their children. Buying a packet or two cookies for them from the village boutique will be admired by these children.
- At this point we will descend to a waterfall called “Lanka Falls” where you would be able to swim and have a cold bath in the natural pool at the base of the waterfall. You will be served a picnic meal at this place.
- Then we continue or journey further down where you will come to see Sri Lanka’s highest waterfall “Bambarakanda”. If you wish we can take you to the starting point of the waterfall too. Then you will be descending further with the view of Bambarakanda waterfall view intact. Here too if you wish you can have a swim at the base of the waterfall.
- Finally, we are at the end of our 7 days trekking trip of Sri Lanka’s central highlands where you will be met with your driver to continue your trip in Sri Lanka in the rest of the parts.
|No of Pax||Per Person|
|01 pax||US$ 0|
|02 pax||US$ 0|
|03 pax||US$ 0|
|04 pax||US$ 0|
|05 pax||US$ 0|
|06 pax||US$ 0|
|07 pax||US$ 0|
|08 pax||US$ 0|
The above rates includes,
- 2 nights accommodation in a simple home stay
- Meals from day one lunch to day three lunch (Picnic meals will be offered during treks)
- Professional trekking guide’s fee
- Local transport during the trek
- Entry fee for Horton Plains National Park